Re: [gembud] Error Installing gcc47 on OS X Mavericks

For what it's worth, starting from scratch on a new MacBookAir that I put
Mavericks on, I had no issues with the GEMPAK build.  I chose gcc48 from
MacPorts, which is the latest stable release.  Yes, you still need to install
the Xcode command line tools.  Apparently you may be able to just install the
command line tools without needing to install Xcode from the App Store ... see
http://www.computersnyou.com/2025/

Consistent with recent experience, I just used the Mac Ports installation of
openmotif.  No building from source needed.

Other than trying some product generation with nmap2, I haven't done any other
usage tests.

I did modify gemprm.h and GEMPRM.PRM so the LLMXTM parameters are consistent,
based on a recent GEMBUD post which reported the discrepancy between these two
files. (I chose 2500).

Eventually I'll send text to Michael so he can update the OSX install notes to
reflect the Mavericks version of OSX.

--Kevin
Kevin Tyle, Systems Administrator
Dept. of Atmospheric & Environmental Sciences
University at Albany
Earth Science 235, 1400 Washington Avenue
Albany, NY 12222
Email: ktyle@xxxxxxxxxx<mailto:ktyle@xxxxxxxxxx>
Phone: 518-442-4578