Re: [gembud] gdlist gdplot2 problems

Check the file size.  I don't think GEMPAK can read files over 2 GB though it
may be able to create them.

On 04/30/14 15:30, Tyle, Kevin R wrote:
Hi Charles,

My guess is that the GEMPAK grid did not get created properly.  Its header
might be correct, which is why gdinfo shows it, but it may not have any
meaningful information in it so none of the plotting programs work.

What version of GEMPAK are you running? Did you create the GEMPAK grid file
yourself (i.e. using dcgrib2 or nagrib2 from the GRIB2 file) or is it
automatically received in your department?

If you have IDV, try pointing it to that grid file and see if it can display
anything.

--Kevin

Kevin Tyle, Systems Administrator
Dept. of Atmospheric & Environmental Sciences
University at Albany
Earth Science 235, 1400 Washington Avenue
Albany, NY 12222
Email: ktyle@xxxxxxxxxx
Phone: 518-442-4578