Re: [gembud] Big HLSYM with High Resolution Image

On 03/25/15 10:44, Brendon Hoch wrote:
Gembudders,

We are trying to create a high resolution map with Gempak 7.4 for a specialized
visualization setup.

Relevant parameters:

DEVICE=GF|filename|2560;2160
HILO=0!32/H;L
HLSYM=50//22//111/hw

Attached is the resulting map.  It looks ok, but it would be nice if the High &
Low symbols for the height contours were
somewhat larger.  I've assigned numbers as high as 100 to the first part of
HLSYM with no effect on increasing the size
of the symbols.

I also tried adding the following line to
~NAWIPS/gempak/tables/config/fontsz.tbl:

ENORM          6.856          92

and setting HLSYM=E//22//111/hw this also had no affect.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Brendon

It looks as if you are using hardware fonts (hw).  On my system I don't think I
can get bigger than 24 points.  I believe the default is 14 pts so the maximum
value is about 2x.  If I switch to software fonts (sw) I can make them
as big as I want.

--
Larry Oolman
Department of Atmospheric Science