[gembud] Using GEMPAK for Real-time exercise

Hello,

Does anyone have any suggestions on using GEMPAK/N-AWIPS to facilitate a
real-time severe weather exercise?

So far I have created separate SIM users that have a gemenviron.profile
pointing to a completely separate data and tables tree which can be managed by
an exercise controller.? Because of how the N-tools work, I have noticed that
timestamps need to be made current in order to display immediately in frame
selection.

On another note, does NCDC archived level 3 data require decoding? The files I
have attempted to load are not working natively with GEMPAK (Previous
experience says level 2 should work fine).

Any input/lessons learned would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

-Warren

Warren Pettee
Undergraduate - Meteorology
Department of Geography and Earth Sciences
9201 University City Blvd, Charlotte, NC 28223
wpettee@xxxxxxxx | 336.257.9239