From: gembud-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:gembud-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Pettee, Warren
Sent: Tuesday, April 28, 2015 4:29 PM
To: gembud@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gembud] Using GEMPAK for Real-time exercise

Hello,

Does anyone have any suggestions on using GEMPAK/N-AWIPS to facilitate a
real-time severe weather exercise?

So far I have created separate SIM users that have a gemenviron.profile
pointing to a completely separate data and tables tree which can be managed by
an exercise controller.​ Because of how the N-tools work, I have noticed that
timestamps need to be made current in order to display immediately in frame
selection.

On another note, does NCDC archived level 3 data require decoding? The files I
have attempted to load are not working natively with GEMPAK (Previous
experience says level 2 should work fine).

Any input/lessons learned would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

-Warren

Warren Pettee
Undergraduate - Meteorology
Department of Geography and Earth Sciences
9201 University City Blvd, Charlotte, NC 28223
wpettee@xxxxxxxx<mailto:wpettee@xxxxxxxx> | 336.257.9239

The information contained in this message is intended only for the personal and
confidential use of the recipient(s) named above. If the reader of this message
is not the intended recipient or an agent responsible for delivering it to the
document in error and that any review, dissemination, distribution, or copying
in error, please notify us immediately, and delete the original message.

PNG image