From: Mullenax, Robert R. (WFF-8200)[ORBITAL SCIENCES CORPORATION]
Sent: Friday, September 16, 2016 2:29 PM
To: gembud@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: issue with McIDAS AREA files GEMPAK 7.2.0/CentOS 6.6

I have some GOES McIDAS AREA files that I remap to a rectilinear projection and
then display them in GARP/NMAP2. This has always worked fine. However when
trying to display them on a CentOS 6.6 box running GEMPAK 7.2 I get "invalid
image navigation". They display fine on two Solaris machines running GEMPAK 6.6
and GEMPAK 7.

I even copied imgtyp.tbl from the Solaris box to the Linux box but still get
the same error. The imagey has always worked fine without editing imgtyp.tbl
anway..

The images are created on a Solaris 11 server using McIDAS 2015 and are NFS
mounted to the Linux and Solaris boxes. All other imagery/data works fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Robert Mullenax

Please note new email address: robert.r.mullenax@xxxxxxxx
Robert Mullenax
Senior Principal Meteorologist, Orbital ATK/CSBF
1510 E. FM 3224
Palestine, Texas 75802
903-723-8037
robert.r.mullenax@xxxxxxxx