Re: How to create a vertical cross-section with a atmosphere_sigma_coordinate?

Hi Heiko-

This is a bug.  I'm going to move this off the list over
to the IDV support area.

FYI, there is a bigger bug in the nightly build that causes
other problems. That will be fixed in tomorrow's build.

Don

Heiko Klein wrote:
Hi,

I'm having a 4d field with i,j,k,time in CF1.0 convention. k is the sigma layer defined by:
        float k(k) ;
                k:coord_alias = "level" ;
                k:long_name = "sigma at layer midpoints" ;
                k:units = "" ;
                k:positive = "down" ;
                k:standard_name = "atmosphere_sigma_coordinate" ;
                k:formula_terms = "sigma: k ps: D2_PS ptop: ptop" ;

When I use units = "m", I can get a vertical cross-section against the values of the sigma-levels named 'Altitude'. I would like to get a vertical cross section against pressure in hPa as defined by the formula p(t,k,j,i) = ptop + sigma(k)*(ps(t,j,i)-ptop), but haven't been able to get it.

Since we haven't used vertical profiles with CF1.0 convention, it might be possible that we have errors in our file. I put the test file on our ftp-server:

ftp://ftp.met.no/pub/emep/Heiko/Base_month.nc

Best regards,

Heiko

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/staff/donm