Re: Fronts/Isobars

There is no accessible code in the IDV libraries to interpolate from
station data to grid points for analysis.  You can provide your own
code and call it up from the Jython library if you want to do this.
There is code in the VisAD library (which is used by the IDV) to
support this in a minimal way, but to the best of my knowledge, no one
has made use of this for routine analyses.

For better or worse, this follows the philosophy of AWIPS where local
"analysis" is basically treated as the the initialization of a model.
(No judgement implied...but I agree, it is not the same).

tom