WRF grib2 data

--=_alternative 0070D645852572D8_

I assume this may be a newbie question but I have checked the user manual,
tutorial and scanned archives but have not run across an answer. How does
one 'catalog' or group gridded data files together. I am trying to create
animation sequences of WRF gridded fields from a locally run model. When I
use the data chooser to select a group of WRF output files which are
timestepped files (either netCDF or grib2), I cannot group them in order
to create a display based upon a selected field of multiple times. I have
tried this with cataloged data sources and it works fine (what are the
details of gridded  catalog sources such as NCEP NAM 12km). I have also
tried to manually create a display out for each time which I can see in
the dashboard but the display visual does not change even though the files
appear to be sequencing.  Any help of pointers to such information is
appreciated.
Thank You

Anthony P. Praino
ACTC/Deep Computing Systems