Re: Can IDV read projected coordinates in some fashion?

  • To: Rich Signell <rsignell@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Can IDV read projected coordinates in some fashion?
  • From: Stuart Wier <wier@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 15:53:03 -0600
Rich,

See "NetCDF Data for the GEON
IDV"(http://geon.unavco.org/unavco/IDV_for_GEON_netcdf.html)

and the section

"Sample File for a X-Y-X Grid mapped to Latitude-Longitude

Some data is on regular x-y-z grids (in kilometers for example) with a known mapping onto latitude and longitude. NetCDF provides a way to include all this information. It is pretty tricky, so check this"
http://geon.unavco.org/unavco/CDL/Sample_XYZgrid.cdl

Rich Signell wrote:
IDV folk,

I thought I saw an example somewhere of IDV working with a netcdf file
that did not have lon and lat variables, but just projected
coordinates and projection information.  Is this true, or is it just
my bad memory?

-Rich

--
Stuart Wier

UNAVCO  6350 Nautilus Drive  Boulder, CO 80301  (303) 381-7500 x 450

The UNAVCO WInSAR Archive  http://winsar.unavco.org/

GEON IDV                   http://geon.unavco.org/
For 4D exploration and display of your geophysics data
 GPS - seismicity - tomography - anisotropy - earth structure and models
 GSRM - gravity - convection and dispersion - DEMs - imagery - GIS