Re: [idvdevelopers] color scales class usage??

Hi Don, thanks for the prompt reply.

Hmm, I don't see any color scale, whether I comment out the contour Displayable or not. My contour data would not fill the panel. I wonder why you see the scale widget and I don't. I have tried both 2D and 3D modes for the MapProjectionDisplay class.

So I guess you are saying that I am using the ColorScale class directly? I am on RHEL4, using the idv 2.2 jar, and the nc2.2 jar and visad jars from the idv zip. I have made local changes to MapProjectionDisplayJ2D and VisADCanvasJ2D classes, but only for offscreen operation, so I can't imagine that these have affected my use of ColorScale.

Hmm, still confused

On a somewhat related note, how do I go about writing an adapter for my data (e.g dbdbv bathy data) so that I can view it directly in the IDV application itself? As you can see from my code, I can get it my native data into a visad FlatField but don't know of the next steps to take to make it 'IDV aware'. If we learned this technique at the IDV workshop I must have forgotten it!

Any help appreciated

Stuart

Don Murray wrote:
Hi Stuart-

Stuart Maclean wrote:
I am using the idv jar for new application development. I have some contour filled bathy data set up, using the Contour2DDisplayable class.

I want to add a legend, so that the user can tell the depth from the color table I installed. In trying to use the ColorScale class, I never see a scale/legend appear in my jframe. I have no idea what to try next. Attached is the code (it will not compile but should give a hint as to my intentions)

Any help appreciated

If I compile the code, but comment out the FlatField display
(since I don't have your data), I get a colorbar at the top of
the display.

Does your data completely fill the panel?  If so, perhaps the
color scale is obscured by the data display.  What happens if
you don't call addDisplayable with the contour display?

Also, what  version of the code are you running against?

Don Murray
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/staff/donm