Re: [idvdevelopers] IDV netCDF problem, can't be opened with IDV

  • To: "Maswood Hasan Mostafi" <mostafi@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [idvdevelopers] IDV netCDF problem, can't be opened with IDV
  • From: "Tom Whittaker" <whittaker@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2008 14:18:20 -0500
What happens when you display just one time step?  If you still get a
"blank" image, then I suggest it might be some issue
with your graphics card driver.  Are you running Vista?  Have you
tried both of the installers for IDV?  The one called "Vista" can be
used on XP -- they differ in what Java Runtime version is used, plus
what Java3D library is used.  If you have problems with graphics, this
might be worthwhile.

Also, it looks like you have configured your max heap size to 1.5GB.
I was talking with Don yesterday about this for another user and he
suggested that one should not go above 1.2GB....

Also, instead of "contour plan view", try to use the one I suggested
before:  color shaded plan view.

tom