Re: [idvdevelopers] IDV netCDF problem, can't be opened with IDV

  • To: "Maswood Hasan Mostafi" <mostafi@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [idvdevelopers] IDV netCDF problem, can't be opened with IDV
  • From: "Tom Whittaker" <whittaker@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2008 12:09:14 -0500
Before you Display the field, try reducing the number of points (in
the Field Selector, the lower right-hand panel, the "Stride" tab) --
try every 5th point or something like that.  After that, then create
the display.

Also, of course, you will need to change the "range" of the color
table -- since that -10738..2 value I assume is a bad data value.
Just right-click on the colorbar in the Control, etc.

I had a few minutes over lunch and made you a movie.  It uses every
5th point in your grid (although you might be able to get away with
every 4th or even 3rd).  You can pick up the file at:

<ftp://ftp.ssec.wisc.edu/pub/ssec/tomw/maswood.mov>

It is about 90MB and will be on the server for only a couple of days
(auto-purge is our policy).

I was not able to open 5.nc.  The NetCDF Tools do not find any "grids"
in the file, either.  Must have something to do with the 'z'
coordinate variable.  You'll have to get someone at Unidata who knows
about these things.

tom

--
Tom Whittaker