[idvdevelopers] Visualizing marine animals tracking using IDV

Hello Don,Tom and others

Thanks for the  help.I am now able to open all files using IDV after
adding/modifying the ncml file .
Though some the graphics/simulations  are not that good even after changing
the color ranges.

These files contain the information of turtle movement which are collected
using
GPS and other technologies. I get some of the data from
http://www.nerc-essc.ac.uk/godiva/.
You can also generate data from that website

Though the turtle movement can't be seen at IDV yet.

I have sent some videos which is generated using the MamvisAD
(http://www.smru.st-andrews.ac.uk/MamVisAD/) software.You can download them
from
https://www.yousendit.com/download/Q01IK0d1d0FRYS92Wmc9PQ

Could you please give me some hint how to generate similar simulation using
IDV and/or
which module of IDV code have to be developed to implement this.

My intention is to visualize underwater terrain, turtle movement, how ocean
events affect turtle
behavior,interpolation, uncertainty at sample locations and between
locations, compare between animals etc.
using netCDF file

So could someone please give some suggestions/ guidelines regarding this and
if possible about the following questions:

1)Is there any developers guide(not the users guide )  for IDV where how to
handle I/O and add/modify visualization system is
described ?

2) Is there a tool by which it is possible to write small netCDF file where
tracking of different animals are described
and visualize it with IDV?

Is there any other way ?

3)The previous files contains turtle data ? How to visualize that using IDV
? If it is not possible to
see the turtle track at this moment, how to develop module for that ?

Thanks again for the helps

Maswood Hasan Mostafi