[idvdevelopers] Creating displays via ISL

Apologies for the bad subject header, it should have been something more like the above

Felix T

Felix Terkhorn wrote:
Hello Jeff, Don, and co,

This is a follow-up from a previous question put forth by Nilesh Mahajan with whom I'm working at IU.

Our goal is to load a NAM data file in IDV with some display variables pre-selected for our users. We are currently able to use ISL to specify what NAM file we want to load, as follows (example)...

<isl>
     <datasource
url="http://lead.unidata.ucar.edu:8080/thredds/dodsC/LEAD/model/NCEP/NAM/CONUS_40km/conduit/NAM_CONUS_40km_conduit_20081111_1800.grib2";>
         <property name="name" value="NAM Data File" />
     </datasource>
</isl>

We have four displays we'd like to create. They are all 2D-grid contour plan view displays available within NAM data files:

        wind speed @ height above ground
        dew point temp @ height above ground
        temp @ height above ground
        pressure reduced to MSL @ MSL

Having reviewed the ISL "creating a display" documentation at http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/idv/release/nightly/docs/userguide/isl/DataAndDisplays.html#display, our question is, what specific property values do we need to pass in order to get these displays to load? This was not clear to us.

   It looks like we need to add something to the effect of...

     <display
        type="planviewcontour"
         param="windSpeedDisplay">
       <property
          name="displayCategory"
          value="Category 1"/>

       <property
         name="???help???"
          value="???help??"

     </display>
     <display
        type="planviewcontour"
         param="dewPointTemperatureDisplay">
       <property
          name="displayCategory"
          value="Category 1"/>

       <property
         name="???help???"
          value="???help??"

     </display>
     <display
        type="planviewcontour"
         param="temperatureDisplay">
       <property
          name="displayCategory"
          value="Category 1"/>

       <property
         name="???help???"
          value="???help??"

     </display>
     <display
        type="planviewcontour"
         param="pressureDisplay">
       <property
          name="displayCategory"
          value="Category 1"/>

       <property
         name="???help???"
          value="???help??"

     </display>

... within the 'datasource' element, and Clearly my version could use some improvement -- hence this message ;)

   Thanks for the help!
   Felix Terkhorn