Re: [idvdevelopers] ISL scripting

Jun Chen wrote:
Following that example isl file multiplefiles.isl:

<isl offscreen="false">
   <fileset  pattern=".*\.nc">
     <echo message="File: ${file}"/>
     <bundle file="${islpath}/test.xidv">
<!-- This sets the data file in the bundle to the ${file} -->
        <setfiles datasource=".*" file="${file}"/>
     </bundle>
     <pause seconds="20"/>
   </fileset>
</isl>

I want to dynamically generate each image file based on each file
${file}, but that file contains path and link from a location I only
have read permission, my question is:

How can I extract the (only) file name (without file extension) from
${file}?
Say ${file}="/myserver/mydirectory/myfile1.nc"

Is there any way I can extract just myfile1 from ${file}?

So I can add:

<image file="${islpath}/${myfilename}.png" />

Above, ${myfilename} should change corresponding to ${file}

Please help.

I am new to IDV, and found it's very useful, but poor documentation.

Use shell scripting to create your file names and then use the shell to write
your isl file dynamically.

ISL is not a replacement for the shell.