[idvdevelopers] bytes ranges header

Hello

I am working on an interface to produce IDV catalogs in an application
that has an embedded web server (based on tcl). Everything works except
when IDV goes to download a specific data file. At that point it complains
about the server not supporting the Bytes Ranges header. Indeed the web
server does not support it.

Before I decide what route to take, I would like to ask if
this will be a firm requirement of IDV, or are there plans to make
it optional and use that feature only if the web server supports it?

Thank you.

Jose F Nieves
Department of Physics               | Tel  (787) 764-0000
P.O. Box 23343                      |      (ext. 4775, 2311, 2307)
University of Puerto Rico           |
Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico 00931-3343 | Fax  (787) 764-4063