Re: [idvdevelopers] 20131220: New test release

  • To: "Tyle, Kevin R" <ktyle@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [idvdevelopers] 20131220: New test release
  • From: Julien Chastang <chastang@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2014 13:07:12 -0700
Kevin,

A few comments:

Ideally, what we really want is something that predicts if we are going to reach IDV memory limitations ahead of time.

Actually, this issue segues into a long-standing IDV steering committee discussion. If possible, please pass along resource instense bundles to the IDV team. We can put them through an analysis tool called a profiler to gain a more accurate idea of the source of the problem.

Yuan's forthcoming progressive resolution feature could also help here as it is smarter about using limited computational resources.

-Julien