Re: [idvdevelopers] New test release of Image Chooser and PR

  • To: Brian Mapes <bmapes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [idvdevelopers] New test release of Image Chooser and PR
  • From: "Don Murray (NOAA Affiliate)" <don.murray@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2014 16:06:51 -0700
Hi Brian-

Thanks for taking the time to write down your thoughts. These are interesting use cases and ones that the current design doesn't support. If I can distill it down to how this might be workable, here's what I would see:

- You would use the "Match Display Region" to load low resolution data into the zoomed out view with PR turned off (somehow) and these would be "unchangeable" regions. - You would zoom in over florida and use "Match Display Region" with PR turned on to load in those views you want to flag as "changeable". - As you zoomed around with a projection change and/or rubber banding (or asked to load the bundle into a new region), the "changeable" displays would fetch data to match the coverage and resolution of the new region, but the "unchangeable" ones would remain at the same resolution and coverage.

I know it would be a pain if you wanted the same data at both high and low resolutions, but you'd just have to have 2 displays of the same data in that case.

As for bundles, they would behave the same way, so if you wanted just high resolution displays, you'd have to have a high resolution bundle or be able to define the region that the bundle would load in and the "changeable" displays would be zoomed in, but the "unchangeable" displays would still be there at lower resolution.

zidv bundles use the regions set in the data source properties and that only applies (right now) to the fixed type of regions. I don't know how you would do it for "Match Display Region" because you could have multiple views using the same data source.

Yuan and I will ruminate on all this and hopefully we'll here from others on how they want it to work.

Don