Re: [idvdevelopers] IDV: Dead views piling up

Hi Brian,

> p.s. anyone else have this happen? Dead views piling up? Maybe it's
> harmless.

No, as long as I am careful to close views I do not intend to be part of the
bundle ... this seems to be a fairly common thing to happen to new users, based
on the homework bundles I am having my students put together.

More often, I see they have the same data source loaded multiple times.  Not
plotted multiple times ... but there nonetheless.  Need to inquire among the
students to see what thought processes make this happen.  How hard would it be
to have the user interface say "You have already loaded this data source, are
you sure you want to do so again?"

--Kevin

Kevin Tyle, Systems Administrator
Dept. of Atmospheric & Environmental Sciences
University at Albany
Earth Science 235, 1400 Washington Avenue
Albany, NY 12222
Email: ktyle@xxxxxxxxxx
Phone: 518-442-4578