Re: [idvdevelopers] IDV: Dead views piling up

Hi Jon,

Nifty code snippet!  However, it doesn't seem that the check works for most
data types.  While attempting to load GOES Imagery or model data multiple times
does not result in the data source appearing multiple times, most others that I
tried (e.g. level 2 and 3 NEXRAD, METAR point obs) do appear multiple times in
the list of data sources.  Taking a look at the data source properties reveals
that they are in fact pointing to the same source for each instance.

You can find the zidv bundle on our department's RAMADDA server ... it is made
with IDV 5.0 nightly build, however the problem occurs in 4.1 too.
http://ramadda.atmos.albany.edu:8080/repository/entry/show/Top/Users/Kevin+Tyle/redundant_data_zidv?entryid=019b04eb-d032-45c5-bee2-b1e38afeca29

Thanks,

Kevin

Kevin Tyle, Systems Administrator
Dept. of Atmospheric & Environmental Sciences
University at Albany
Earth Science 235, 1400 Washington Avenue
Albany, NY 12222
Email: ktyle@xxxxxxxxxx
Phone: 518-442-4578