From: Don Murray (NOAA Affiliate) [mailto:don.murray@xxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, March 11, 2014 4:13 PM
To: Jonathan Beavers; Tyle, Kevin R
Cc: Brian Mapes; <idv-steering@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; idvdevelopers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [idvdevelopers] IDV: Dead views piling up

I would guess it comes down to how the IDV defines whether two data sources are
"equal".  I'm sure there are places where we were sloppy about defining the
datasource definingObject to distinguish it from another.  Sometimes it's just
a name.  For example, if I load the Latest GFS 80km data in, and then after a
new run comes in, I load in another instance of the Latest GFS 80km data, are
they supposed to be equal.

Or, if I load in a satellite image with N times defined and load the same image
dataset with M times defined, it may not look at the times when doing the
comparison (or it might).

I guess since Jon has asked for examples, he gets to "fix" the problem. ;-)

Don