Re: [idvdevelopers] FW: New Version of Java Released Yesterday?

Kevin, et al-

At the IDV Developers Conference Call with SSEC last Tuesday, we discussed the impending release of Java 8. The IDV nightly build is now using Java 7 and Java 3D 6 (as of last week). We decided that we are going to let that settle out for a while and in the mean time look at the impact that Java 8 might have. I suspect that the new version of Java 3D that is in the nightly build should work with Java 8 as should the IDV.

If anyone wants to test Java 8 in the meantime, let us know if it works or if you see any problems.

Don