Re: [idvdevelopers] Proposed change to menu items in Displays tab of Dashboard

Hi Tommy-

Inconsistencies should be fixed where possible. Some displays have ViewManagers (cross section control), others don't (Data Probe/Time Series). So any of those that have ViewManagers should have a tab in the control's properties and quick access through the View menu. Those that don't have ViewManagers should only have menus for changing properties in the View menu.

I'm not adverse to removing the tabs from the Properties dialog. I added access in the View Menu because it was quicker than bringing up the Properties dialog.

However, be advised that some users are used to having certain functionality in certain places since it's been there for years. Does it really cause a problem to have it in both places?

I think there are much bigger performance and new functionality items that should be addressed before mucking around with menus and tabs.

But that's your call these days.

Don