IDV and McIDAS area files

Justin/Bill-

Fingerhut, William A wrote:
I have encountered the same problem. With some files I am
able to 'fix' the display by changing the pixel sampling
to 1 in the display control. With other files, I have had
no luck. I was looking at this problem just yesterday !

The problem is a problem with the OpenGL texture size.  Generally,
if the size is greater than 1024 elements or lines, you will
get the grey image.  Bill's suggestion is the only solution
at present.  We are looking at ways that this can be done
automatically.

I guess this is a good item for the IDV FAQ. ;-)

Don
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/staff/donm
"There's someone in my head, but it's not me"    Roger Waters