IndexOutOfBoundException while reading file with IDV

I'm trying to read a netcdf file with IDV. The general structure of the file is quite similar to a lot of other files I've read, but this time, I get the following error-message:

ERROR: An error has occurred:
Couldn't get data
Problem getting data 133
java.lang.Exception: Problem getting data 133
at ucar.unidata.data.grid.GeoGridAdapter.makeSequence(GeoGridAdapter.java:1012) at ucar.unidata.data.grid.GeoGridAdapter.getSequence(GeoGridAdapter.java:813) at ucar.unidata.data.grid.GeoGridDataSource.makeFieldImpl(GeoGridDataSource.java:493) at ucar.unidata.data.grid.GeoGridDataSource.getDataInner(GeoGridDataSource.java:412) at ucar.unidata.data.DataSourceImpl.getData(DataSourceImpl.java:1273) at ucar.unidata.data.DirectDataChoice.getData(DirectDataChoice.java:316)
        at ucar.unidata.data.DataChoice.getData(DataChoice.java:526)
        at ucar.unidata.data.DataInstance.getData(DataInstance.java:204)
        at ucar.unidata.data.DataInstance.getData(DataInstance.java:169)
at ucar.unidata.data.grid.GridDataInstance.init(GridDataInstance.java:17

133 is one of the dimension sizes. I tried to find out a bit more and got to this message:

        at ucar.ma2.ArrayFloat.getFloat(ArrayFloat.java:192)
        at ucar.ma2.Index$IteratorImpl.getFloatNext(Index.java:717)
        at ucar.ma2.MAMath.copyFloat(MAMath.java:160)
        at ucar.ma2.MAMath.copy(MAMath.java:116)
        at ucar.ma2.Array.copy(Array.java:437)
        at ucar.ma2.Array.copyTo1DJavaArray(Array.java:465)
        at ucar.ma2.Array.get1DJavaArray(Array.java:450)
        at ucar.unidata.data.DataUtil.toFloatArray(DataUtil.java:62)
at ucar.unidata.data.grid.GeoGridAdapter.getFlatField(GeoGridAdapter.java:903) at ucar.unidata.data.grid.GeoGridAdapter.makeSequence(GeoGridAdapter.java:999) at ucar.unidata.data.grid.GeoGridAdapter.getSequence(GeoGridAdapter.java:813) at ucar.unidata.data.grid.GeoGridDataSource.makeFieldImpl(GeoGridDataSource.java:493)

The exception happens when I try to plot i.e. a Color Shaded Plan View of BC_ForestFires from
ftp://ftp.met.no/pub/emep/heikok/FF_BC2000_float.nc

It would be nice if somebody could have a look at the file and the problem since I would like to visualize the file.

Best regards,

Heiko