remote Level II Radar source in IDV

Hi,

We have a server at Purdue University that runs LDM and receives NEXRAD
level II data in real time. We are currently looking at different ways
of serving the data to the community who are interested in the data, for
example, via OPeNDAP and THREDDS. It would be very convenient if users
could directly access the remote radar data from IDV. Is it possible to
add a remote Level II Radar data source in IDV?

I also tried to add the data source using a THREDDS catalog, but
received an error "An error has occurred: Creating
uri:http://..../thredds/catalog.xml multiple points". Does anyone know
what caused the error?

If this is not possible with IDV, are there any alternative ways for
serving real time or near real time level II radar data to the user who
could  access the data directly from a visualization tool?

Thanks for any help!
Lan