Re: implementing a network datasource

I'm about to start implementing a new data source, something to allow IDV to access BCS's gridded data objects through jdbc. Are there any tutorials/how-to's on how to implement new data sources?

Hi Eric,
We do have some fairly incomplete developer docs at:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/idv/docs/developer

The best place to start looking is in the ucar.unidata.apps.example package which is in the IDV source code release. This has an ExampleDataSource class that you can use as a template for your work. The real work will probably be in creating the appropriate VisAD gridded data objects. For examples of that look at ucar.unidata.data.grid.GeoGridDataSource and GeoGridAdapter.

If you have further questions please feel free to drop us a line.

-Jeff