Re: using NetCDF files with more than 4 dimensions

Hi,

You can use the file from:
http://ecmwf.int/staff/paco_doblas/MM_cnrm_129_red.nc
that contains monthly means of geopotential height from ensemble seasonal forecasts.

The six dimensions used in the file are
time: number of start dates of the forecasts
ensemble: ensemble size
fcmonth: forecast month
level
latitude
longitude

You'll notice that we have defined some variables that are not defined in the CF convention. We decided to use them to properly define files containing multi-model ensemble forecasts.

Regards,
Paco

Don Murray wrote:

Francisco Doblas-Reyes wrote:

Hi,

Does anybody know whether there is a way to use NetCDF files with more
than four dimensions (e.g. latitude, longitude, level, time and ensemble
member) in IDV? In case this is not currently possible, is it something
that might be possible in a near future?

Could you put out a sample file that we can take a look at?

Don
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/staff/donm
        "Time makes everyone interesting, even YOU!"

Francisco J. Doblas-Reyes
European Centre for Medium-Range
Weather Forecasting (ECMWF)
Shinfield Park, RG2 9AX