mm5 to nc with CF conversion tool available

Given the recent postings about MM and netcdf, I thought I would mention the fact that I have written a Java converter tool which converts both the mm5 TERRAIN output and MODEL output (INTERP?) to netcdf. The conversion reads geo-locating metadata from the mm5 big header and outputs these as CF conventions compliant netcdf. IDV can read my nc files directly.

I should point out that the converter was written to handle our local mm5 files. I know that it will not handle mm5 orderings CA for instance. Further, the geolocating metadata is assumed to be in certain sections of the mm5 big header, I am not sure if this assumption holds in general

The converter is available for download at

http://metoc.apl.washington.edu/uwme

Stuart Maclean