Re: Fuzzy iso volumes

Hi Ken-

Ken Mankoff wrote:
I've browsed the manual and think the answer to the following question is
'no' (at least I didn't see any screenshots that showed this) but want to
check here.

Can IDV do transparent iso volumes rather than hard iso surfaces. Sample
screenshot of what I'd like to do in IDV is here:

http://edgcm.columbia.edu/~mankoff/fuzzy_volume.png

I know IDV can do the gray iso surface, but what about the yellow/blue?

You could do this with a combination of the Volume Rendering
control and an isosurface.  Set the transparency on the volume
rendering to be about 90%. You'll also need to use the View->To Front
option for the Volume control to be able to see the embedded
isosurface.

Don
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/staff/donm