Re: shade color problem

In the "color-filled contour plan view" the colors between the
isolines should be solid with no
"shading" or changing of intensity.  This is illustrated in this image:

<http://www.ssec.wisc.edu/~tomw/temp/cont2.jpg>

where I have also overlaid the isolines.  If you use the "color shaded
plan view" you
would get this:

<http://www.ssec.wisc.edu/~tomw/temp/cont3.jpg>

which does contain a change of "intensity" as you transition between
to isolines.

In addition, of course, you can create your own color table and apply
that to the analysis.

I hope this helps.