Re: [idvusers] grouping netCDF files

Escallon, German wrote:

Hi All,

We have several data coming to our servers in netCDF format. I am able to use IDV to display each of these files if I load them individually, but this isn’t very useful to create loops since each file represents a different time. Does anyone know how to group multiple netCDF files and display them as a single data source?

Assuming you are running a fairly recent version of the IDV you can do a multiple select (using Control-Click) of the files in the file chooser. Under the "Data Source Type" select "Aggregated Grid files"

This uses a generated NCML (http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/ncml/) wrapper and only works if the
files differ on time.

-Jeff