[idvusers] Isosurface Interpolation

Hi All,

I have a couple questions regarding isosurfacing in the IDV. We are using it to look at isosurfaces of radar reflectivity and we're noticing several discontinuities in the vertical when viewing Level II data. Can anyone tell me what type of interpolation is being used for the isosurfacing? Is this technique something that can be modified via the IDV? If not, is it possible for a user (me) to write some sort of plugin to change this interpolation?

Also, I've played around a little with the vertical scaling widget and it doesn't seem to have any appreciable effect. (I changed my vertical scale from 16000m to 20000m.) When viewing a radar domain, it would be great to have the vertical scale of a storm more proportional to its horizontal scale.

Many thanks!

-kevin.