Re: [idvusers] Geotiff requirements for IDV

Rich Signell wrote:
IDV folk,

All I can find about IDV & GeoTIFF is that there is "limited support".

What exactly does this mean in terms of requirements for a GeoTIFF
that can be successfully read?   (e.g. 8 bit, 24 bit, 32 bit?
Geographic EPSG:4326 only or UTM ok?)

With gdal_translate and gdal_warp from the FWTOOLS, I can convert my
GeoTIFs to anything, but I need to know what to make!

Hi Rich,
The geotiff work in the IDV dates back a long time ago and never really worked well.

I've just made some updates for this which will be in tomorrow's nightly build. I'm not sure about the bit encodings.
It only supports EPSG:4326

-Jeff