Re: [idvusers] grouping netCDF files

Hi Paul-

For completeness of answering this question on the idv-users list,
there is no way to do this currently in the IDV through the default
aggregation methods.  The underlying netCDF library is being reworked
at present and the next version should support this.

Don

Paul Nutter wrote:
Although I cannot answer this question, I would like to indicate that we've had the same question when attempting to construct loops of 00-hr NARR files in grib format, where each new analysis is stored in an individual file.

===========================
Dr. Paul Nutter
Earth Sciences Program
University of Northern Colorado
Greeley, CO 80639
(970) 351-2398

Hi All,
We have several data coming to our servers in netCDF format. I am able to use IDV to display each of these files if I load them individually, but this isn’t very useful to create loops since each file represents a different time. Does anyone know how to group multiple netCDF files and display them as a single data source? -------------------------
Germán Escallón
Research Assistant
Advanced Weather Information Systems Laboratory
University of  North Florida
g.escallon@xxxxxxx
(904) 994-0197