Re: [idvusers] Help with Averaging NexRad scans over time.

Ben-

We have been tied up with a training session for the past 2 weeks
and have been slower than usual to answer our support questions.
Sorry for the delay in responding.

Tom's suggestions are good, but Level II data poses a problem
when trying to do math on single levels.  The radials may not
have the same structure in each elevation scan and can vary
for the same scan from time  to time.  So one scan might
start at azimuth 170 degrees, but the next might start at
176.  This makes resampling to a common grid problematic and
I would not guarantee the results.  Currently we do not have
a method of normalizing the grids for single sweeps.  We do
normalize for creating isosurfaces because we need the same
structure from level to level.

Don Murray

Ben Kamen wrote:
Ben Kamen wrote:

I need a little direction in how I can accomplish selecting multiple NexRad
Level-II scans (single or multiple elevation angles) and average them all
together into a single display that shows me Average dBz over the multiple
scans provided.

I feel like this is a jython script, but am not finding any reference material
to help me accomplish the "time" part of the procedure..

Anyone? Little help? (kinda like the time/series probe but for a whole scan)

 -Ben