Re: [idvusers] Plotting views across the prime meridian using IDD GFS

Hi Dan,

I have not worked out how to directly reply to your question on the
forum, so I have done it this way.

I have had the same problem and I know the cause and a possible
solution, but the solution requires creating a regional subset of the
grib or NetCDF file.

The problem lies with the grib file starting from 0 - 359 and IDV not
able to join the two halves of the map together. If you can create the
grib file to start from -60 to 60 then this draws this Ok.

This was not a problem as software is available for grib 1 products to
create regional subsets is available, but the NCEP will be switching to
grib2 and that's where the my problem is.

Where I used to used GGRIB to create sub regions, this will not work for
grib2 products.

So if any programmers read this, I am in desperate need of a program
which will create sub regions of grib2 products complied for windows XP.

Ian Gooch

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
02/01/2008 11:29