Re: [idvusers] Access to the Unidata and NSF xml catalogs in IDV

Bill,

I had a similar experience just recently. In my case, the cause was that
I was pointing to an old DNS server to look up domain names. Someone,
who I will not name or identify, messed up my configuration. When I used
a web browser, I saw an error message that said that the server could
not be found. With the IDV, the error led to application crashes.

Don's answer is more likely to help you, but you never know.

Bill

       Bill Fingerhut, Professor
PHONE: 802 626 6257
FAX:   802-626-9770
Mail:  Meteorology Dept
       Lyndon State College
       Lyndonville, Vt 05851
EMAIL: william.fingerhut@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
       bfingerhut@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
WWW:   http://apollo.lsc.vsc.edu/

disclaimer:
       I know nothing - I only work here.

IDV
> and using a web brower.  Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't and
we
> can't seem to find a rule by which we can or cannot connect?   I can
VPN
> to my university system and become an edu, but I'm curious as to the
> unpredictability of what locations can connect and what cannot, even
> when both are .coms.
>
> Are certain IP ranges (certain ranges of .coms or .nets for example)
> walled out from accessing motherloade or similar catalog sites from
IDV.