Re: [idvusers] Antarctica weather data in IDV

Stuart,

The two primary sources for Antarctic meteorology data are:
-University of Wisconsin - Antarctic Meteorology Research Center
  http://uwamrc.ssec.wisc.edu/
  -they provide primarily surface observations and satellite imagery
-The Antarctic Mesoscale Prediction System - AMPS
  http://www.mmm.ucar.edu/rt/mm5/amps/
  -real-time Polar MM5 modeling of the Antarctic region

Let me know if you have more questions.

Mark Seefeldt

Stuart Wier wrote:
A Geon IDV user has asked me about using the IDV to show weather
observations and forecast model output over Antarctica.

If you know of sources of such data that can be used in the IDV,
please send me word. I understand this will be used to support the
NSF Office of Polar Programs (http://nsf.gov/dir/index.jsp?org=OPP).