Re: [idvusers] mdv data format

Hi Tim-

timo.honkanen@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi everyone,

I'm new to the IDV and was wondering whether the IDV supports NCAR's MDV
data format? If not, are there any plans to support it in the future?

At present we do not support NCAR's MDV format.  At one point, there
was some discussion with the NCAR MDV developers to write a
netCDF-Java IO Service Provider (IOSP) for MDV, but I don't know the
status of that development effort.  If an IOSP were developed for
the MDV format, then the data should work seamlessly in the IDV.
Unidata has no plans to develop this at the present time.

Don Murray
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/staff/donm