Re: [idvusers] ISCCP DX netCDF files in IDV? Also, XML parse errors from catalogs

Hi Tod....

Something strikes me as odd:  GeoX is defined as a dimension of 500.
But then declared as a variable with a shape of  "pixels".  To follow
CF conventions, I think you want to declare it as:

int GeoX(GeoX);

so that it is a "coordinate variable" (in Sect 5.2 of the CF
conventions - see
<http://cf-pcmdi.llnl.gov/documents/cf-conventions/1.3/ch05s02.html>).
 You might also need a "coordinates" attribute for your 2D fields so
that they know to use lat_g and lon_g.  It's a little hard to
interpret this automatically since two variables that apparently
contain latitude values are in the file.

I note that netcdf tools does not find any coordinate system or grids
in the file -- probably mostly due to the lack of being able to find
geo-locations.

....but I'm sure Don can help better than I.

tom