[idvusers] Generating constant pressure variables for IDV

Dear IDVers:

I am trying to interpolate variables from a WRF simulation to constant
pressure surfaces for used with IDV.  I know that WPP performs this function,
but the output is in GRIB format and I want to calculate some non-standard
variables.  So I'm trying to decide on the best course of action.

My questions:

1.  Can IDV be supplied with a user-defined GRIB table to properly decode
my non-standard variables?  If so, I may choose to edit the WPP program.
If not:

2.  Can IDV read a netCDF file that contains data both in "WRF format" (with
data on model surfaces) as well as data on isobaric surfaces?  If so,
what is the procedure?  If not:

3.  Should I write out the isobaric variable in a CF1 convention netCDF file?

Thanks,

-Eric

Eric M. Kemp
Meteorologist