Re: [idvusers] 2 Questions: KMZ output and default display quality setting

Ben-

Jeff McWhirter wrote:

2: Speaking of displays, the default quality for a NexRad display is "medium" where I would like "high". Where can I set this to be the perm default? (I looked in help... and wasn't sure if I found the right thing when searching quality)

I'll defer to my more knowledgeable colleagues on this one.

The texture quality determines how cells are grouped together
to create the texture.  With "High", the are not grouped.  This
grouping will cause a slight shift in the display.  The higher
the setting, the more memory and time it will take to display
the data.

This is not a global preference yet, but we'll consider it for
a future release since I just bubbled up this feature to other
types of displays.  Alternatively, you will be able to create
a DisplaySetting with the desired quality and apply that when
you create the display in the next release.

For now, you could create a new controls.xml that sets the
property on the the RadarSweepControl and import that as
a plugin or copy to your .unidata/idv/DefaultIdv directory.
I've attached a version that does this.

Don
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/staff/donm

<controls>
  <control
     id="radarsweep2d"
     categories="SWEEP-*-*;RADAR-*"
     doeslevels="true"
     class="ucar.unidata.idv.control.RadarSweepControl"
     label="Radar Sweep View in 2D"
     displaycategory="Radar Displays"

properties="smoothed=false;use3D=false;allowSmoothing=false;textureQuality=1"/>
  <control
     id="radarsweep3d"
     categories="SWEEP-*-*;RADAR-*"
     doeslevels="true"
     class="ucar.unidata.idv.control.RadarSweepControl"
     label="Radar Sweep View in 3D"
     displaycategory="Radar Displays"

properties="smoothed=false;use3D=true;allowSmoothing=false;textureQuality=1"/>
</controls>