Re: [idvusers] Netcdf to Point? daily data and lat/lon

The R statistics program (cran.r-project.org) in conjunction with the package "ncdf" can read and write netcdf files and convert to ascii, csv, etc. R is very useful for manipulating data files of all kinds.

#the following is an outline of how you might move data from netcdf to csv
#in the R language
require(ncdf)
nc<-open.ncdf("/path/filename.nc") grid_1<-get.var.ncdf(nc,nc$var[[1]]) grid_2<-get.var.ncdf(nc,nc$var[[2]]) write.csv(grid_1,file="/path/grid_1.csv")
write.csf(grid_2,file="/path/grid_2.csv")
get.var.ncdf can be used to create subsets of the data (lat-lon) subsets at particular times, or time series at particular locations.

David Wethey