Re: [idvusers] Some comments to IDV

Hi-

Helfried Scheifinger wrote:
Just a suggestion: the interpolation from the station network to a grid with
the Barnes method yields rather strange fields in case of not so dense
station distributions, if the grid distance is in the range or lower than
the mean station distance. Maybe a simple IDW would yield more reasonable 2D
fields in such a case.

Yes, I've noticed this too.  We will look into this.

Don
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/staff/donm