From: Brendon Hoch [mailto:bhoch@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, November 02, 2009 8:25 AM
To: Tom Whittaker
Cc: Havener Kevin Civ 14WS/WXED; idvusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [idvusers] Soundings from global grib file

 > I cannot answer the question of how to specify the pointer location,
 > in the interactive mode -- other than dragging it to a point.   You
 > might look at displaying the special "Location" marker and sharing
 > it's location with the sounding probe......or something along those
 > lines.  Hopefully someone else has the answer...

Once you have the probe, you can just enter in values for Lat/Lon in the

display which appears in the display tab in the dashboard, and the probe

will move to the point of your choosing.

Feature request/idea: The field selector Tom referenced allows for a
subset region of points, but does not allow for a single data point or a

series/list of coordinates.  This would probably resolve Kevin's issue
and make it easier if one had many specific points to probe.

Cheers,
Brendon
--
Brendon Hoch