[idvusers] File Naming COnvention

I have a group of 25 grib files that are produced by a locally run model. The files name do not end in grb or grib. So in the "Data Choosers" tab I select "Aggregrate Grids By Time" for "Data Source Type". I then go to the directory where the grib files are stored and the files are listed in the window. I then select "Grid Files(netCDF, GRIB,OpeNDAP,GEMPAK)" for the "Files of Type". The listing goes blank as if there are no grib files in that directory. So I have to assume that IDV is looking for a particular filename format. I'm not wanting to change the filename format that the model spits out as other progrmas use these files.

So is there a way to configure IDV to look for the particular naming convention that I have or what?

Thanks!

Jim Moser
WFO Nashville

"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it." H. L. Mencken