Re: [idvusers] IDV Mac OS and JOGL- install for all users

Stu-

The installer gives you the option to install for just that user or for all users. The default is for the current user.

In the IDV install directory, there is a file called macos-java3d_jogl.zip. You can unzip this to /Library/Java/Extensions to install for all users.

Don

Stuart Wier wrote:
How do you install JOGL on the Mac "for all users?" Is this a choice in the IDV installer? I am using an installation done by someone else.

Unidata IDV Support wrote:

Does Mac need Java3D?

We use the JOGL on Mac and it gets installed by the installer. You can install it just for the IDV user, or you can install it for all users.