From: Tom Whittaker [mailto:whittaker@xxxxxxxx]
Sent: martes, 01 de junio de 2010 11:52 a.m.
To: Luis Del Castillo
Cc: idvusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [idvusers] precipitation accumulation

Luis --

> Ok I understand and It must help but my input data is all from WRF in
netcdf and is choppy in files per hours and have a lot of variables so
when I pick the sum over time steps it says to me that I need to pick a
field. My issue is how can I select one variable per hour to do the
accumulation.

If I understand, you have separate files for each hour of your WRF data?

If that is the case, you might be able to use NCML to aggregate your
files so they "appear" to be in a single file.  The idea is that your
create a small text file (the NCML) which logically combines your
individual files and creates a new "dimension" called "time"; you then
point the IDV at this NCML file and the NetCDF library presents the
sequence of your files as a single file to the IDV.

I have used this technique for this type of data (one hour per
file)....see
<http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/ncml/v2.2/Aggregation.html>
for information about using this.   But....that's about all I know about
it!

tom

--
Tom Whittaker